Thursday, March 3, 2011

02/28/11

Dear Family,

Surprised to hear from me on a Monday? President Jones has changed transfer days so Mondays will still be our P-Days and instead of getting our transfer calls Monday night we get them Sunday night instead. Last night we received word from the assistants and I am pleased to report that I will be extending my mission for another 18 months. Who's excited?!....if only that were an option.

Texas has my heart. I love being a missionary. It's been another wonderful week of teaching amazing people about the restored gospel and planting seeds along the way. When I first read the story of Ammon in the Book of Mormon; when he was brought before the king of the Lamanites and told him that it was his desire to labor in his kingdom for the rest of his life, I thought: "Why would you want to do that?" Now I know. I love the Plan of Salvation and how our Father in Heaven has provided a way for us to have for an eternity, the associations and relationships we enjoy in this life.

Words aren't good enough.

I'll leave you with our TSAM motto; something I've said everyday of my mission (and remember that I was not called to speak/write Spanish:). "I have been called of Jesus Christ through inspiration to serve in the Texas San Antonio Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will boldly invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I will stand for truth and return with honor. Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word, among His people, that they might have everlasting life. "e aqui, soy discipilo de Jesu Cristo, el hijo de Dios, e sido llamado por el, para declarar su palabra, entre los de su peublo, al fin de que al cancien la vida eterna."

I Love you Texas,

Sister Green

No comments:

Post a Comment